What is Social Selling?
Everyone in the world can benefit from Social Selling. Three small companies were founded between 2003-2005 and those three companies – LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter – now dominate the new paradigm of social selling. These three companies along with other leaders like Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram, VK, Vine and Meetup are popping up all the time and it is hard to keep up. The bottom line is that if you are not using these platforms in your business and personal lives you will quickly fall behind because this is the core technology that Millennials grew up with and we all use to communicate, collaborate and share information with others.
Social Selling is Not Just About Selling!
The research has shown that those who utilize social selling strategies and techniques outperform their peers 78.6% of the time. Social selling is not just about selling using social channels like Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
Social selling is about business professionals building a strong personal brand. It is about understanding the role of content and how content can be used in different ways to tell a powerful and emotional story about the value of what you do. It is about continuously growing and communicating value to your business advocate community of people that know, like and trust you and want to help you succeed.
What Are The 10 Ways You Benefit from Social Selling?
(1) Get your next higher paying job.
(2) Building a strong personal brand, communicate, collaborate and share within your job to help others in your company as well as yourself.
(3) Gain more customers, more prospects and more leads.
(4) Educate existing customers to get more business, referrals, prospects and leads.
(5) Add Business Advocates (Followers), educate them and ask for help when you need it.
(6) Start a side business (Like Udemy!)
(7) Finding your next hire or partner.
(8) Finding an investor.
(9) Communicating with your kids, friends and colleagues.
(10) Identifying the communities of interest or groups you can leverage.